ACTIVEEMAIL 4.0 RELEASE NOTES
Release date: November 16 2 2011
What's new in ActiveEmail 4.0
Installation and Upgrade
ActiveEmail 4.0 is the newest version of the ActiveEmail SMTP/POP3 Toolkit.
The mission of the product is to provide an easy-to-use programming interface to SMTP- and POP3 e-mail communications. The product runs on the Windows 2008/7/Vista/2003/XP/2000 platforms.
WHAT'S NEW IN ACTIVEEMAIL 4.0
- Class 'SmtpServer' has been renamed to 'Smtp';
- Class 'Pop3Server' has been renamed to 'Pop3';
- Class 'SmtpMail' and 'Pop3Mail' are now one class: 'EMailMessage'. An 'EMailMessage' object can be used with both 'Smtp' and 'Pop3';
- Faster MIME encoding and decoding, boosting performance for e-mails with large attachments;
- Improved compatibility with various mail servers;
- Improved samples;
- New samples are included.
- Memory leak solved. When connecting to a secure SMTP/POP3 server, the component was leaking a few KBytes of memory per connect;
- On 64-bit systems, the component was sometimes not able to send out the second attachment in an e-mail, depending on name and size of the attachment.
INSTALLATION AND UPGRADE
- Installation -
To learn more about installing the product for the first time, please read our manual.
You can download the manual at www.activexperts.com/files/smtp-pop3-component/manual.htm
- Upgrade from ActiveEmail 3.2 -
Upgrade to ActiveEmail 4.0 in the following way:
- Uninstall the ActiveEmail 3.2 product. Use the 'Add/Remove Programs' applet in the Control Panel to start the Uninstall procedure;
- Download the ActiveEmail 4.0 Installation file from the ActiveXperts Software web site: www.activexperts.com/download;
- Start the ActiveEmail 4.0 Installation. The InstallShield wizard will guide you through the steps of the installation.