ACTIVEEMAIL 3.2 RELEASE NOTES
Release date: April 2 2010
What's new in ActiveEmail 3.2
Installation and Upgrade
ActiveEmail 3.2 is the newest version of the ActiveEmail SMTP/POP3 Toolkit.
The mission of the product is to provide an easy-to-use programming interface to SMTP- and POP3 e-mail communications. The product runs on the Windows 2008/7/Vista/2003/XP/2000 platforms.
WHAT'S NEW IN ACTIVEEMAIL 3.2
- Support for secure SMTP through TLS/SSL. There's a new member function called SmtpServer.SetSecure to switch to secure mode;
- Support for secure POP3 through TLS/SSL. There's a new member function called Pop3Server.SetSecure to switch to secure mode;
- Windows 7 compliant (32 bit and 64 bit);
- Windows 2008 complaint (32 bit and 64 bit);
- There are new samples included.
INSTALLATION AND UPGRADE
- Installation -
To learn more about installing the product for the first time, please read our manual.
You can download the manual at www.activexperts.com/files/activemail/manual.htm
- Upgrade from ActiveEmail 3.1 -
Upgrade to ActiveEmail 3.2 in the following way:
- Uninstall the ActiveEmail 3.1 product. Use the 'Add/Remove Programs' applet in the Control Panel to start the Uninstall procedure;
- Download the ActiveEmail 3.2 Installation file from the ActiveXperts Software web site: www.activexperts.com/download;
- Start the ActiveEmail 3.2 Installation. The InstallShield wizard will guide you through the steps of the installation.