ACTIVEXPERTS SMS MESSAGING SERVER 5.0 RELEASE NOTES
(Release date: September 9 2008)
ActiveXperts SMS Messaging Server 5.0 is the newest version of the ActiveXperts SMS Messaging Server product.
The mission of the product is to provide companies with a fast and reliable framework to send, receive and process SMS- and e-mail messages.
The product runs as a service on a Windows 2008/Vista/2003/XP/2000 platform.
WHAT'S NEW IN ACTIVEXPERTS SMS MESSAGING SERVER 5.0
- User Interface -
- In the Manager's 'SendMessage' dialog, you can now generate a script that you can run from the command-line. You can use such script to automate sending SMS/e-mail messages, for instance as a scheduled task;
- You can now load and save provider settings from/to an ASCII file. This applies to both SMPP and HTTP providers.
- Billing -
- SMS Messaging Server now provides billing. There's a new message property called 'BillingID'. Use this field for billing purposes.
- Routing and blocking -
- You can now route messages over different channels, based on contents of fields. For instance, route all messages addressed to '+31*' through channel 1101 and all other messages through channel 1102;
- Ability to use round robin: if you have multiple SMS channels, SMS Messaging Server will select a channel on a 'round robin' base to load balance the messages. In previous versions of SMS Messaging Server, the first available channel was selected;
- Ability to block messages, based on message properties. For instance, you can block messages that contain specific patterns in the body, or block messages with specific patterns in the mobile number, etc.
- SMPP -
- Improved throughput for SMPP.
- GSM -
- The message storage is now detected automatically; in previous versions of SMS Messaging Server, you had to select the message storage manually.
- Message Database -
- The 'Sender' field has been renamed to 'FromAddress';
- The 'Recipient' field has been renamed to 'ToAddress';
- There's a new field called 'Priority'; this field is only used for e-mail messages;
- There's a new field called 'ReadReceipt'; this field is only used for e-mail messages;
- There's a new field called 'BillingID'; it is used for billing purposes;
- Unicode messages are now stored as Unicode in the database. In previous versions of the messaging server, it was stored as MIME.
- MS SQL Server Support -
- Improved performance for MS SQL server;
- Bug fix: in previous versions of SMS messaging Server, the password did not work if it was entered in the separate password field; it only worked when it was embedded in the connection string. This has been fixed.
- Web Interface -
- The two web interfaces (one based on ASP and one based on ASP .NET) have been redesigned. Source code is included.
- API change -
- The AxSmsServer object name has changed into Axsms-messaging-server;
- The 'Recipient' name has been changed into 'ToAddress';
- The 'Sender' name has been changed into 'FromAddress';
- There a new message property called 'CcAddress' (for e-mail messages only);
- There a new message property called 'BccAddress' (for e-mail messages only);
- There a new message property called 'Priority' (for e-mail messages only);
- There a new message property called 'ReadReceipt' (for e-mail messages only);
- There's a new message property called 'BillingID'; it is used for billing purposes.
- Sample Projects -
- There are new sample projects included with the product.